If you want to activate 2FA Google Authenticator on StraitsX, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download Google Authenticator first
- For iOS devices, download the Google Authenticator app from the App Store.
- For Android devices, download the Google Authenticator app from the Play Store.
Step 2: Set up Google Authenticator
Use one of the following methods:
a) Scan a QR methods
- On Google Authenticator, select Scan a barcode/QR option.
Follow the instructions on the popup window and Scan the QR code using the on your StraitsX account.
- After scanning the QR code, the application will generate a temporary code for you.
- Input the code into the form and click "Authenticate".PS: the one-time code is time-sensitive. It will change every minute, you need to paste the one-time code to StraitsX before its updates.
b) Enter a setup key methods
- On Google Authenticator, select "Enter a setup key"
- Enter an account name and the key from your StraitsX account.
- Go back to the Authenticator setup page on your StraitsX account, click on the Copy to copy your key link.
- Go to Google Authenticator and paste the Key link to the field
- Fill account field input "StraitsX"
- Click "Add" button
- Copy the One-time code on Google Authenticator
- and input the Verification Code into the form and click Authenticate.PS: the one-time code is time-sensitive. It will change every minute, you need to paste the one-time code to StraitsX before its updates.
Step 3: Get a One-time code from Google Authenticator and paste it to StraitsX
- Go back to the setup page on StraitsX and paste the number that you get to "One-time code" field.
- Input the name of your device that install Google Authenticator (eg: Andre iPhone X)
- Then click "Save" to go next step