We have launched a new way of verifying your non-custodial browser wallets via wallet signing. Connect your browser wallet (we currently only support Metamask) to StraitsX, sign a message with your wallet and your wallet address will be verified. This flow requires you to install Metamask first, you may add it to your browser extension at https://metamask.io/
1. Navigate to your list of blockchain addresses under My Account
2. Select the “Blockchain Addresses” tab
3. Click on the “Add New” button
4. A modal will popup. Click on the “Link with your wallet” button
5. Click on the Metamask option
6. A “Connect With Metamask” modal will show up. Select the account that you wish to use.
7. Approve the selected account to be connected to StraitsX
8. You will be prompted to verify your wallet. Doing so will remove the Transfer Out limit of 50 XSGD as well as allow your incoming XSGD Transfer Ins to be credited to your Account balance.
9. Once you have submitted your signature, a confirmation modal will appear. And that’s it, your address has now been verified and the Transfer Out limit has been lifted. Please refer to our FAQ for more details on Transaction Limits (link)
Verifying Metamask address at a later time
If you choose not to verify your Metamask address after connection, you can do so later. Simply verify it under this Blockchain Addresses page or in the Home page. We will demonstrate how to verify a previously added Metamask address.
1. Click on the Verify Now button. A modal will pop up to prompt you to sign the transaction.
2. After connecting, the signature request will prompt you to sign and verify now. That’s it, you can now transfer out upwards of 50 XSGD to your address.
Verification of address from Home page
If you choose not to verify your Metamask address after connection, you can do so later. Simply verify it under this Blockchain Addresses page or in the Home page. We will demonstrate how to verify a Metamask address from the Home page.
1. Navigate to the Transfer Out → XSGD Stablecoin → Ethereum selection. Click on the Verify Now button
2. A popup modal will ask if you wish to verify your wallet. Click on Verify And Sign
3. If your Metamask account is not connected, you will be prompted to select and connect the appropriate account
4. After connecting, the signature request modal will popup immediately. Click on Sign to complete the process.